Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Pink Skull Tattoo for Grams

A girl at work gave some of us tattoo valentines. I stuck mine in my purse to put on my grandma. I'm trying to make the time we spend together fun for her. She's not talking much anymore-of course-I talk enough for us both-but am trying to listen more and be patient. Last nite was Family Nite at the nursing home and her husband and I went. I really had a great time. They had a great entertainer with kerokee music. He tried to get me to sign twice-but I'm a little shy in that department, but I loved singing along(Patsy Cline, George Strait, Josh Turner songs to name a few-new all the words-since I love country music!). I tried to get my Grams moving a little and did get to clap some and saw her mouth moving to one song!
If you have any ideas for fun things to do -let me know! Sherry from http://countrywingsinphoenix.blogspot.com/ has had some great ideas and encouragement for me. This is all so new for me-but I'm enjoying every minute of it! \

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca,
    You are such a wonderful granddaughter.
    I am going to send you an E mail
    but
    I wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog.
    Have A Sugar Sweet Day
    Hugs
    Simply Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting nursing homes can be depressing, but also brings a lot of pleasure. I think this is wonderful. Nothing better to liven them up than good old fashion country music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful granddaughter. I love that photo of the tattoo on her arm :-)
    I love country music too. My friend wrote George Strait's song "I Hate Everything" and Deanna Carter's song "Strawberry Wine" :-) We've been friends since back in the days of "albums", as in vinyl :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails