Monday, July 19, 2010

Pink Chair and Pink Table-YEH!!!


I've been thinking about the quality of my pictures for the last couple of months and I'm just not happy with them. Not happy with them at all. I've been consulting with my best friend Teresa(tete-beyond the garden gate) about what I need to do differently. She's really good at the angles, the light and shadows, the backgrounds, all of it. She's been teaching her youngest son, Craig and he's getting really good at it too. Now it's my turn to step up to the plate and see what I can learn.


One thing I'm not happy with is the background of my pictures. I can't seem to find a place to put the objects I find so that they pop. Most of the time I've not found a permanent home for them-so I can't take a complete picture of the surrounding where it will end up. I've decided that I need some props-kinda like the kind that photographers use-but not exactly. After taking with Teresa we decided that I need at least one table, a chair and some random items like lace and flowers. I'm sure I have several of these items but most of them are already in use with items already on them-so the search has begun. As it goes when you're looking for something particular-you won't find it. After searching the antique stores in the couple of towns in my area I remembered a local craft store we have that has an auction house attached. Sometimes they get some old items. I had been eyeing this pink table and chair for about a year but didn't want to give the price they had on it. I just happened to go by and they were having a porch sale. All items on the porch were marked down with an additional 30% off. What luck -they were both there! The perfect size, color of pink, and amount of chippy paint. Now I just need to remember not to load this table up and keep it free for photo taking!

1 comment:

  1. Great props! These will work so well with all your junkin' finds!
    Your photos get better all the time. Just relax and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails